Thursday 29 April 2010

FLEXIJOINT

I finally got the Glucosamine supplement I ordered online for Murphy... and for me. It's a liquid supplement to help stiff joints, which is something that affects bigger dogs with hip problems as well as humans who are very active or have reumatism. This is what it says on Equimins website, where I got it from:

Flexijoint, the proven joint supplement for horses, dogs and humans. Flexijoint contains a superb combination of ingredients which include: Glucosamine, Chondroitin sulphate, Hyaluronic acid, MSM and Ascorbic acid. These high specification products promote healthy cartilage, strong joint structure and they also improve the quality of synovial fluid. Flexijoint Liquid contains all the benefits of Flexijoint, the proven joint supplement with the added bonus of Devils Claw to provide further help for stiff joints.

Both Murphy and I have been taking it for a couple of days now and it doesn't seem like Murphy has any problems with the taste or the smell. Me, on the other hand.... Just thinking about taking my morning shot, makes my stomach churn and my gag reflex worried. Let me put the taste and smell in one word:

VILE!!!!

It is absolutely disgusting! But I'm figuring out ways of masking the taste, which is impossible. The lingering taste afterward is soap. Very potent chemical soap. I have been able to mask it a little by mixing lemon juice with it, but it's hopeless. Oh well... we should both notice a change in our joints becoming less stiff in about 6 weeks, so I'll hold out until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment