Sunday 22 August 2010

HIIT AND PLYOMETRICS WORKOUT

My new workout passion is definitely bodyweighted HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and Plyometrics. It's amazing how empowered and weak you can feel at the same time, all during the same workout. I've been changing up my gym routine a lot lately and do exercises like scorpion plyo push-ups, knee tuck jumps, loads of jump squats and lunges, full body exercises incorporating cardio, and I've really seen a difference in my muscle structure. What's so good about them is that you can take it anywhere. There are always benches outside, or rocks to jump on, stairs, playgrounds, etc. But they're definitely not easy exercises to do when the goal is to burn as much fat as possible, which means the intensity is through the roof! And you know what? I absolutely LOVE it. Yeah, I feel weak when my body is screaming for me to stop pushing it, but once you do that little bit extra, that you didn't think you would be able to do, the endorphins and adrenaline shoots up and I want to go again. Which is good, coz after all I'm doing hardcore circuit training. Haha!

If you don't know much about plyometrics and HIIT, here are some videos you can check out to get an idea of circuits you can do for yourself:

UFC Plyometrics workout


HIIT and Plyometrics outside the gym

1 comment:

  1. i did this the other day and it never gets easier! ahhh!

    ReplyDelete