Tuesday 21 February 2012

RIPPED IN 30

Yesterday I started a new workout program. I love going to the gym and lifting heavy, and I loved doing the LiveFit trainer, but right now I need a program that will fit into my kickboxing schedule and traveling with work. So, I did a bit of research and you know me, I always love a bit of Jillian Michaels. I loved her 30-day shred program, which together with running, helped me lose my last 15 kg/33 pounds on my weight loss journey. No gym. Just running with Murphy and 30-day shred. And not long ago she came out with a newer, similar version called Ripped in 30, so I figured I'd give it a go.

She has divided each weekly program into 3 circuits and it's 3 divisions into each circuit: 3 min strength, 2 min cardio and 1 min abs. There's 4 weeks of different workout programs and they get harder and harder as the weeks go by. So, I started week 1 yesterday and man did I sweat! I like to consider myself as pretty fit by now and have good cardio ability, but because most of the moves are combo moves (i.e. one sequence incorporates more than one movement, for example squat and then dumbbell shoulder press, or lunge with dumbell biceps curl, etc.) my heart rate was really high at the same time as I was working resistance. And there is no rest for 30 min. Hence the sweating! And the sore buttocks!

Think I will really like Ripped in 30. I like week 1 program so far anyway. Good start! There is a meal plan with this program as well, if you're interested, but I already have a good diet so don't feel I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment