Monday 11 January 2010

FISH IN A GLASS BOWL



"The other night I dreamed that my little fish in the glass bowl had grown too big, he was stuck in there and couldn’t move. It made me think about how important it is to not be that little fish. You cannot let your world turn into a little glass bowl and not care about what is outside in the big world.
I constantly reevaluate what I do, what I stand for and who I am. I am not the same person now as I was five years ago. I’ve always had a lot of integrity and a need for privacy and personal space, but when I was younger I did not understand I had a right to be that way. Now, I am all grown up, I am an independent woman and I do as I please. I live my life the way I want it, the way I prefer.

I realized once that it is ok to selfish in your own life, It is ok to refuse to compromise with yourself. It is ok not to be he person everyone expects you to be or how they want you to be.

I have people in my life who don’t know me for who I am. I am not a person you can push into a corner and get your will through. I am not afraid to stand up for what I want even though it might be uncomfortable.

We all make our choices and I don’t blame others for theirs, I expect the same in return. I chose to walk my own path and on my path I see my foot prints only. Not a whole crowd! And it is ok!

The past and who we were in the past is so irrelevant I cannot emphasize it enough. but then, those you leave behind in the past will always stay in the past. Maybe they are not willing to see the new you, but it is not your problem, it is theirs.

I am fed up with guilt trips. I have had it with having to explain myself. I have nothing to explain. I am living my life the way I wanted it. And I am very happy in doing just that." From Fighter Diet blog.

Amen to that!

1 comment:

  1. Åhhh vad bra skrivet & så sant.. Vi är värda att vara allt det vi är utan skuld! Förändring hos sig själv möter ofta motstånd & rädsla hos omgivningen, I know;-).. Men som du skriver det är deras problem.. Man kan inte förändra någon annan än sig själv! Det är det tuffaste jobbet & det viktigaste vi har att göra i livet. Och det är först genom att förändra och bli den man egentligen är som man kan så frö hos och motivera/inspirera andra till möjlig förändring. Fortsätt vara den underbara/inspirerande människa du är med allt vad du är.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete