Tuesday 3 April 2012

CALF AND SHIN STRESS FRACTURE

20120403-215429.jpg

What started off as a pulled back has now resulted in a sore back, throbbing hip, pain behind/side of the knee and a stress fracture in my calf and shin. All left side! I'm very annoyed, to say the least. I know I should've listened more to my body. I know I should've taken it easy coming back into full training. But I have always believed that unless my body part isn't falling off, it'll be fine. Not so fast though.

I called the national medical helpline today to shed some light on what I should do, since I don't run to my GP very often. I was ordered rest for 24 hours to see if it improves the sore leg. If not, then I need to go to my doctor and get it diagnosed, possibly x-rayed. But hey, I'm resting so I'm sure it will be just fiiiiiine! :)

I haven't rested this much in ages. I even laid on the couch for 2 hours tonight, just lounging. Aaamazing! Have done my research and now I know how to keep working out without putting pressure or aggrevating my leg. Yay!

Now heal leg, heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment