Saturday 14 April 2012

GINGER ME UP

20120414-000838.jpg
I've been saying this for years and that's why I use it in most of my cooking.

Of all the functional foods out there, ginger arguably has the most functions. It’s used to settle the stomach and reduce pain, and it has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antioxidant properties. But more important, studies show that ginger can boost metabolism. It appears to do that by two methods: (1) by causing muscle tissue to use more oxygen, which means you’re increasing the number of calories you’re burning; and (2) by increasing lactic acid production, which, in turn, increases fat-burning. Makes that sashimi dinner look even more appealing, doesn’t it?

Taken from Muscle&Fitness Hers.

1 comment:

  1. yay ginger! this is one of my favourite superfoods! thai foods are one of my favourites so i use this alot! it is great in tea and even with fruit smoothies (try with blueberries!) thanks!

    ReplyDelete