Sunday 29 April 2012

MIRACLE NOODLES

20120429-214027.jpg
For all you who want to cut back on the starchy carbs yet still enjoy your pasta or noodles, here's the perfect food solution.
Shirataki are very low carbohydrate, low calorie, gluten free, translucent Japanese noodles made from the konjac root. Largely composed of water and glucomannan, a water-soluble dietary fiber, they have little flavor of their own.
I recommend rinsing and draining them before preparation. Then I cook them in a bowl in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to extract more water from them as well as heat them up. Then eat them with whatever. I had these Fettuccine Shirataki with salmon and spinach in a bit of cream sauce. Yum! And yesterday I made a chicken thai soup with the skinny Shirataki noodles. Delish!
Yup, I would say they are Miracle Noodles for sure!


20120429-225645.jpg

1 comment: