Monday 23 January 2012

HAMSTRING INJURY

Oh, it was going so well! Despite a rough night with a crazy mjauwing male cat, I was feeling so strong starting my leg workout this morning. In retrospect, I now know I should've warmed up a bit more after being out in the cold.

After doing one set of walking lunges I could feel my legs starting to spasm a bit. No worries I thought. Take it easy. Walk it off. But then a hard muscle twinge in one of my buttocks hit me and it hurt! So I thought, fine, I can go to the next exercise and see if it gets better. I just finished last rep in first set of one-legged deadlift and my hamstring just gave in on me. The pain hit me so surprisingly fast, I actually yelped. It's never attractive to yelp in the gym. Haha! I sat down and stretched for a bit, massaged it, but realised I had to call it a day. Bummer!

It's much better now after stretching and massaging it, but it doesn't help it's the same hamstring I pulled really bad during a dance performance when I was 17 and had to jump down into splits in really high heels. No yelping then. Big smiles all around. Show no pain. Thankfully, it happened at the very end of the performance, so I could limp off stage and cry my eyes out. Since then, my left hamstring has never been the same.

But it's the year of no excuses, right??!!! So, no excuses to attend kickboxing tonight. Yee-haw!

Here's what I managed to do today before ending my workout abruptly:

20120123-113459.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment