Monday 23 January 2012

KICKBOXING GOALS



What a good kickboxing class I had tonight! Am so happy I joined this club as everyone were really friendly and nobody was up on their high horses although there were some really good fighters there. I hadn't mentioned to anyone there that I had previous Martial Arts history with some Jiujitsu and Kickboxing/Boxing experience behind me. Not many girls there, but this one girl gravitated to me and asked if we could team up. Sure, I thought, as she had told me before class she had been training kickboxing off and on for almost a year. Big mistake! She was so frail and scrawny, and had no technique, so every time I punched or kicked she acted like I had pummeled her with immense force, even when I was only tapping her. If you want something to happen, sometimes you have to make it happen. After all, it's my time and my money. So I arranged for us to be teamed up differently. I was then teamed up with a younger kid and a guy my age. And they were both pretty good. After the switch, I had an awesome time and the teacher gave me some good pointers and complimented me on my technique, asking a bit suspiciously if I had practiced some kind of Martial Arts before. I smiled and confessed.

All in all, I can train 4 times a week if I want. I don't know if I will be able to, but I'm going to try anyway. I'm loving it! And am sooo happy this is the club I chose. It's not very big and there's not that many members, but it suits me just fine.

Next time, I'm bringing ALL my gear so I can have my own stuff while training. Big bag full of smelly leather gear. Mmm, love it. Haha!

I have been thinking about a goal to achieve with my training, but haven't figure one out yet. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment